This is a very easy and delicious treat to make for yourself! It will take you around 20 minutes to cook this and it should be around 30 servings. This is a no dairy, gluten free and vegan option!
You will need the following ingredients.
- 150g dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 150g dried figs, without stems, make them quartered
- 1/4 toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, plus save one tablespoon for rolling
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
To prepare this meal, read the following instructions.
- Soak the dates in water for 30 minutes, reserve water.
- In a food processor such as blender, blend the dates, figs, pumpkin seeds, pecans, almonds, cocoa, and vanilla. Blend them until you get a smooth mixture if the mixture is dry add a little of the date water and blend it again till it is a smooth mixture.
- Roll the mixture into 30 rounded balls, then roll them in the extra cocoa, store the truffles in the fridge and make sure they are in air tight container.
Enjoy your well-deserved treat!